SNORT, WIN2000 and Syslog

From: Korkmaz, Murat (Murat_Korkmaz@nai.com)
Date: 09/21/01

From: "Korkmaz, Murat" <Murat_Korkmaz@nai.com>
To: "'focus-ids@securityfocus.com'" <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
Subject: SNORT, WIN2000 and Syslog
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:17:19 -0500

 Hi Folks,

 I have two question.

 1- i am currently trying to send the alert.ids and portscan.log files
created by SNORT to another Windows box. What is the easiest way to do it?

 2- is there any central management SW for central management and central
rule set distribution for SNORT nodes?

 any help will be appreciated.

 cheers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDS evaluation
    ... other features that make it a no brainer for any snort admin. ... IDS market closely and frankly don't see anything that even comes close. ... >>I'm a Snort fan but deploying 12 of them with central management needs ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IDS evaluation
    ... For you snort admins out there who have been wanting to get out of the ... web-based Snort monitoring environment, Applied Watch Technologies is ... system for the Snort IDS. ... I'm also a snort fan but deploying 12 sensor with a central management ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: IDS evaluation
    ... For you snort admins out there who have been wanting to get out of the ... web-based Snort monitoring environment, Applied Watch Technologies is ... your Snort IDS agents should you choose that route. ... I'm also a snort fan but deploying 12 sensor with a central management ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Security Audit and Priorities
    ... You will find snort has a decent rep with most folks on this list, ... On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Paul Ammann wrote: ... > and maintain security policies. ... I was looking at Snort as a possibility. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids
    ... Subject: Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids ... "alert" replaced by "sysalert" in the definitions? ...
    (Focus-IDS)