Re: New worm? 'readme.eml'

From: Naseer Bhatti (naseer@fibre.net.pk)
Date: 09/18/01

From: "Naseer Bhatti" <naseer@fibre.net.pk>
To: "Ferris, Thomas M" <Thomas.Ferris@nmci-isf.com>, <forensics@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: New worm? 'readme.eml'
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:32:11 +0500

> What would be a good solution for this, or is there an exact plan of
> attack to defend against this?

Yes, stop the outgoing smtp connections to the following mail servers

omega.serpro.gov.br (161.148.173.118)
server1.sans.org (167.216.133.33 )
smtp.china.com (61.135.144.88)
perninha.conectiva.com.br (200.250.58.156)
phuck.nether.net (204.42.254.5)
mx.ideal.ru (212.69.101.252)
tarkin.fdt.net (209.212.128.45)

The worm tries to send mail to these mail servers.

> Thanks in Advance.
>
> ================
> Thomas M. Ferris
> IA - Incident Response
> NMCI San Diego NOC
> ================

Relevant Pages

  • RE: New worm? readme.eml
    ... Subject: New worm? ... still prevalent sircam virus. ... Nimda, when it infects, opens share drives ... the infected PC...Sircam will scan for open shares on an internal ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: New worm? readme.eml
    ... Subject: New worm? ... The worm tries to send mail to these mail servers. ... > still prevalent sircam virus. ... Nimda, when it infects, opens share drives ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: New worm? readme.eml
    ... The worm tries to send mail to these mail servers. ... > still prevalent sircam virus. ... Nimda, when it infects, opens share drives ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: New worm? readme.eml
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] MyDoom download info
    ... variant of the Nachi worm which attempts to cleanse computers infected by ... MyDoom and download Microsoft security patches to unprotected computers ... Once it infects target machines the worm attempts to search and ... The scanning traffic generated by the original Nachi worm in August ...
    (Full-Disclosure)