Re: high speed nids

From: Mike Johnson (mikej@opennms.org)
Date: 08/03/01

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:52:53 -0400
From: Mike Johnson <mikej@opennms.org>
To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: high speed nids

Chris Deibler [chris.deibler@vigilantminds.com] wrote:
> NetworkICE (now ISS property) has a gigabit-capable sentry offering.
> However, whether this product survives the consolidation is subject to
> conjecture. In any case, I suggest checking it out. I have considerable
> experience with their other sentries, and find them useful.

Rumor has it that this technology is the exact reason that ISS
bought NetworkICE. I'd be willing to bet that it'd survive
the buyout. That's not to say it won't morph into something else,
but ISS doesn't have any way of doing gigabit capable stuff
without either the expensive Toplayer stuff or the tech from
NetworkICE.

Mike

--
Mike Johnson -- mikej@opennms.org