RE: high speed nidsFrom: Chris Deibler (email@example.com)
- Previous message: ahnold baik: "intranet security"
- Maybe in reply to: Christian Kuhtz: "high speed nids"
- Next in thread: Mike Johnson: "Re: high speed nids"
- Reply: Mike Johnson: "Re: high speed nids"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Message-ID: <9B515520AA3CD411B36900508B6636B50956B3C9@mi8nycmail02.mi8.com> From: Chris Deibler <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: 'Christian Kuhtz' <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: RE: high speed nids Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:37:41 -0400
NetworkICE (now ISS property) has a gigabit-capable sentry offering.
However, whether this product survives the consolidation is subject to
conjecture. In any case, I suggest checking it out. I have considerable
experience with their other sentries, and find them useful.
looking for pointers on who has implemented or how to implement a nids (free
or commercial) which can cope with at least 1Gbps of sustained traffic.
Obviously there's a difference between 1Gbps worth of traffic that doesn't
trip anything and 1Gbps that trips every rule in the book. However, if one
can find something which operates at that order of magnitude, it is a start.