Re: Snort + (OpenBSD or Linux)

From: root (root@elxsi.de)
Date: 07/31/01

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:19:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: root <root@elxsi.de>
To: <FOCUS-IDS@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Snort + (OpenBSD or Linux)

Hi,
why not write an OS with the only purpose to run an IDS.
We could use the oskit libs (http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux/oskit/)
to implement the basic os functions and port the libpcap to our new "os"
and write the code for the IDS.

After that we only have a running kernel and a few processes - could be
very performant I think.

Martin

Relevant Pages

  • RE: IDS, Linux and OOM killer
    ... I prefer the SuSE distro because its extremely easy to install. ... I'm currently running IDS on a 64 bit 2 core box and don't have any ... You can easily fix this by installing a different version of Linux. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: Informix Upgrade Optons for an ancient Informix system
    ... A CPU license for IDS on Linux has a couple of prices, depending on ... Do you need full-blown enterprise, ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: Windows IDS
    ... It's much easier to do with Linux or Unix. ... good perimeter security and Nessus to scan and check on ... ive seen alot of people recomending snort as an IDS ... >The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Probably a dumb question but...
    ... of a stretch to take the Linux port of IDS and create a Mac port. ... >> also clustering the servers. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: Suitable Linux Version with Informix Version
    ... I want to install informix on linux just for trial, ... I have no experience with kernel 2.2. ... kernel and was good platform for IDS 9.3 and 9.4. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)