Security-Focus Call for IDS Articles

From: Stephen Entwisle (se@securityfocus.com)
Date: 07/23/01

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:59:28 -0600 (MDT)
From: Stephen Entwisle <se@securityfocus.com>
To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Security-Focus Call for IDS Articles

Hello,

SecurityFocus is once again calling for articles for the IDS focus area.
At this time, we are developing articles on the following topics:

- How to reduce the frequency of False Postives and False Negatives.
- How to manage a honeypot.
- The implications of running a honeypot.
- How to write customized IDS signatures.
- The future of Intrusion Detection Systems.
- What is a Gateway IDS?
- IDS for the SOHO user.

Articles should be between 2000 and 2300 words. If the subject matters
warrants it, we would be happy to extend the article into a series of 2000
word articles. SecurityFocus offers compensation for each 2000 word
article.

If you are interested in putting together an article on one or more of
these topics, or if you have an IDS topic of your own that you would like
to develop, please forward an outline to me by Friday, July 27.

Thank you,

Stephen Entwisle
Content Editor
SecurityFocus
http://www.securityfocus.com
(403) 213 3939 ext. 235

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [PHP] Holes in mysql primary key and other db issues...
    ... I get the random IDs outside of mysql because I've ... >> made it more likely for newer articles to be chosen than older ... this means that having holes results in empty sidebar ... It is normally used as a 'surrogate key' in the database, and is used to link other tables to this one. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: ids implementation
    ... i think there are hundreds of articles on this. ... >how we can deploy an IDS in a network, where should we install the IDS and how ... Sanjay Rawat ... INTOTO Software (India) Private Limited ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • SecurityFocus Call for Pen-Test Articles
    ... Just wanted to send out a note to let you all know that SecurityFocus is ... planning on rolling out a Pen-Test focus area at the beginning of June. ... The Infocus articles focus on technical aspects of conducting pen-tests. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • SecurityFocus new article announcements
    ... The following two articles were published on SecurityFocus today: ... Detection of SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting Attacks ... This article discusses techniques to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • SecurityFocus new article announcements
    ... The following articles were published on SecurityFocus today: ... Everyone needs a good data destruction policy, and a lawyer standing by, ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
    (Security-Basics)