Security-Focus Call for IDS Articles

From: Stephen Entwisle (se@securityfocus.com)
Date: 07/23/01

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:59:28 -0600 (MDT)
From: Stephen Entwisle <se@securityfocus.com>
To: <focus-ids@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Security-Focus Call for IDS Articles

Hello,

SecurityFocus is once again calling for articles for the IDS focus area.
At this time, we are developing articles on the following topics:

- How to reduce the frequency of False Postives and False Negatives.
- How to manage a honeypot.
- The implications of running a honeypot.
- How to write customized IDS signatures.
- The future of Intrusion Detection Systems.
- What is a Gateway IDS?
- IDS for the SOHO user.

Articles should be between 2000 and 2300 words. If the subject matters
warrants it, we would be happy to extend the article into a series of 2000
word articles. SecurityFocus offers compensation for each 2000 word
article.

If you are interested in putting together an article on one or more of
these topics, or if you have an IDS topic of your own that you would like
to develop, please forward an outline to me by Friday, July 27.

Thank you,

Stephen Entwisle
Content Editor
SecurityFocus