ZDI-12-163 : (0Day) HP iNode Management Center iNodeMngChecker.exe Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- From: ZDI Disclosures <zdi-disclosures@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:43:55 +0000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
ZDI-12-163 : (0Day) HP iNode Management Center iNodeMngChecker.exe Remote
Code Execution Vulnerability
August 22, 2012
- -- CVE ID:
- -- CVSS:
- -- Affected Vendors:
- -- Affected Products:
Hewlett-Packard iNode Management Center
- -- Vulnerability Details:
This vulnerability allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on
vulnerable installations of HP H3C/3Com iNode Management Center.
Authentication is not required to exploit this vulnerability.
The flaw exists within the iNOdeMngChecker.exe component which listens by
default on TCP port 9090. When handling the 0x0A0BF007 packet type the
process blindly copies user supplied data into a fixed-length buffer on the
stack. A remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability to execute
arbitrary code under the context of the SYSTEM user.
- -- Vendor Response:
This vulnerability is being disclosed publicly without a patch in
accordance with the ZDI 180 day deadline.
- -- Disclosure Timeline:
2011-11-04 - Vulnerability reported to vendor
2012-08-22 - 0Day advisory released in accordance with the ZDI 180 day
- -- Credit:
This vulnerability was discovered by:
* Luigi Auriemma
- -- About the Zero Day Initiative (ZDI):
Established by TippingPoint, The Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) represents
a best-of-breed model for rewarding security researchers for responsibly
disclosing discovered vulnerabilities.
Researchers interested in getting paid for their security research
through the ZDI can find more information and sign-up at:
The ZDI is unique in how the acquired vulnerability information is
used. TippingPoint does not re-sell the vulnerability details or any
exploit code. Instead, upon notifying the affected product vendor,
TippingPoint provides its customers with zero day protection through
its intrusion prevention technology. Explicit details regarding the
specifics of the vulnerability are not exposed to any parties until
an official vendor patch is publicly available. Furthermore, with the
altruistic aim of helping to secure a broader user base, TippingPoint
provides this vulnerability information confidentially to security
vendors (including competitors) who have a vulnerability protection or
Our vulnerability disclosure policy is available online at:
Follow the ZDI on Twitter:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 10.2.0 (Build 1950)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: This vulnerability is being disclosed publicly without a patch in accordance with the ZDI 180 day deadline.
- Next by Date: ZDI-12-164 : (0Day) HP Intelligent Management Center img.exe Integer Wrap Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: This vulnerability is being disclosed publicly without a patch in accordance with the ZDI 180 day deadline.
- Next by thread: ZDI-12-164 : (0Day) HP Intelligent Management Center img.exe Integer Wrap Remote Code Execution Vulnerability