Acuity CMS 2.6.x <= Cross Site Scripting
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 00:32:39 +0800
Acuity CMS 2.6.x (ASP-based) versions are vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting.
Acuity CMS is a powerful but simple, extremely easy to use, low
priced, easy to deploy content management system. It is a leader in
its price and feature class.
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
"UserName" parameter is not properly sanitized upon submission to the
URL, /admin/login.asp , which allows attacker to conduct Cross Site
Scripting attack. This may allow an attacker to create a specially
crafted URL that would execute arbitrary script code in a victim's
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
Tested in version 2.6.2.
The Acunity CMS is no longer in active development.
It is recommended to user another CMS in active development and support.
Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2012-04-17: vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL:
- Prev by Date: VUPEN Security Research - Microsoft Internet Explorer VML Remote Code Execution (MS12-023 / CVE-2012-0172)
- Next by Date: [ MDVSA-2012:032-1 ] mozilla
- Previous by thread: VUPEN Security Research - Microsoft Internet Explorer VML Remote Code Execution (MS12-023 / CVE-2012-0172)
- Next by thread: [ MDVSA-2012:032-1 ] mozilla