WebsiteBaker 2.8.1 <= Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Vulnerability
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 20:17:36 +0800
WebsiteBaker 2.8.1 and lower versions are vulnerable to Cross Site
Request Forgery (CSRF).
WebsiteBaker is a PHP-based Content Management System (CMS) designed
with one goal in mind: to enable its users to produce websites with
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
WebsiteBaker 2.8.1 and lower versions contain a flaw that allows a
remote Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF / XSRF) attack. The flaw
exists because the application does not require multiple steps or
explicit confirmation for sensitive transactions for majority of
administrator functions such as adding new user. By using a crafted
URL, an attacker may trick the victim into visiting to his web page to
take advantage of the trust relationship between the authenticated
victim and the application. Such an attack could trick the victim into
executing arbitrary commands in the context of their session with the
application, without further prompting or verification.
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
The following request adds an administrator.
POST /admin/users/add.php HTTP/1.1
Upgrade to 2.8.2 or higher
WebsiteBaker Org e. V.
This vulnerability was discovered by Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN
Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2011-01-26: notified vendor
2011-08-01: vendor released fix
2011-08-13: vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL:
- Prev by Date: ZDI-11-253: Adobe Flash Player BitmapData.scroll Integer Overflow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Next by Date: WebsiteBaker 2.8.1 <= Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: ZDI-11-253: Adobe Flash Player BitmapData.scroll Integer Overflow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Next by thread: WebsiteBaker 2.8.1 <= Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability