Re: [Full-disclosure] Medium severity flaw in Konqueror

* [2011-04-11 22:07:24 +0100] Tim Brown wrote:

I was recently taking a look at Konquerer and spotted an example of universal
XSS. Essentially, the error page displayed when a requested URL is not
available includes said URL. If said URL includes HTML fragments these will
be rendered. CVE-2010-2952 has been assigned to this issue.

Actually, CVE-2011-1168 was assigned to this issue as noted in the
upstream advisory:

http://www.kde.org/info/security/advisory-20110411-1.txt

--
Vincent Danen / Red Hat Security Response Team

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Medium severity flaw in Konqueror
    ... XSS. ... the error page displayed when a requested URL is not ... If said URL includes HTML fragments these will ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [Full-disclosure] Medium severity flaw in Konqueror
    ... I was recently taking a look at Konquerer and spotted an example of universal ... XSS. ... the error page displayed when a requested URL is not ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Medium severity flaw in Konqueror
    ... I was recently taking a look at Konquerer and spotted an example of universal ... XSS. ... the error page displayed when a requested URL is not ... Tim Brown ...
    (Bugtraq)