AOL Instant Messenger Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- From: apa-iutcert@xxxxxxx
- Date: 27 Nov 2010 08:40:12 -0000
A vulnerability has been discovered in AOL Instant Messenger, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
The vulnerability is caused due to the application loading libraries in an insecure manner.
Libraries list called is as follows:
This can be exploited to load arbitrary libraries by tricking a user into e.g. opening a AIM or BLT files located on a remote WebDAV or SMB share.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability is confirmed in AOL Instant Messenger version 126.96.36.199 for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. Other versions may also be affected.
- Prev by Date: jQuery Lightweight Rich Text Editor (lwrte) Plugin uploader.php Arbitrary File Upload
- Next by Date: Google Desktop Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: jQuery Lightweight Rich Text Editor (lwrte) Plugin uploader.php Arbitrary File Upload
- Next by thread: Google Desktop Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability