Internet Download Manager Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- From: apa-iutcert@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:47:03 -0600
A vulnerability has been discovered in Internet Download Manager ,which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
The vulnerability is caused due to the application loading libraries in an insecure manner.
Libraries list called is as follows:
This can be exploited to load arbitrary libraries by tricking a user into e.g. opening a HTML file located on a remote WebDAV or SMB share.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability is confirmed in Internet Download Manager version 5.18.4 for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. Other versions may also be affected.
- Prev by Date: FlipAlbum Vista Pro Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Next by Date: [DSECRG-09-029] Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise 10 - Response Splitting
- Previous by thread: FlipAlbum Vista Pro Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Next by thread: [DSECRG-09-029] Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise 10 - Response Splitting