FlipAlbum Vista Pro Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- From: apa-iutcert@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:45:57 -0600
A vulnerability has been discovered in FlipAlbum Vista Pro, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
The vulnerability is caused due to the application loading libraries in an insecure manner.
Libraries list called is as follows:
This can be exploited to load arbitrary libraries by tricking a user into e.g. opening a HTML file located on a remote WebDAV or SMB share.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability is confirmed in FlipAlbum Vista Pro version 22.214.171.1243 for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3. Other versions may also be affected.
- Prev by Date: Secunia Research: Winamp VP6 Content Parsing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Next by Date: Internet Download Manager Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: Secunia Research: Winamp VP6 Content Parsing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Next by thread: Internet Download Manager Insecure Library Loading Vulnerability