MVSA-10-007 / CVE-2010-0152 - IBM Proventia Mail Security System - Multiple persistent and reflected XSS vulnerabilities
- From: marian.ventuneac@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:42:35 -0600
Security Advisory: MVSA-10-007 / CVE-2010-0152
Products: Proventia Network Mail Security System
Vulnerabilities: Multiple Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
Attack Vector: From Remote
Authentication: Not Required/Required
Web-based Local Management Interface (LMI) of IBM Proventia Network Mail Security System appliance (firmware 1.6 and 2.5) is vulnerable to multiple persistent and reflected XSS attacks. When exploited by an external/internal attacker, such identified vulnerabilities could lead to Session Hijack, Information Disclosure, force installation of malicious file or Trojan on users' PCs, etc.
A persistent XSS vulnerability can be exploited by an external unauthenticated attacker to inject malicious scripting code which is persistently stored. When the system is accessed by authorised users, such malicious code could be used to severely compromise the security of the appliance.
A persistent XSS vulnerability identified in saved search filters (Mail Security->Email Browser) allows an internal authenticated attacker to inject malicious scripting code.
Multiple reflected XSS vulnerabilities can be exploited by manipulating parameters of pvm_messagestore.php resource.
Reflected XSS vulnerabilities can be exploited by manipulating parameters of the following resources:
* userfilter parameter of pvm_user_management.php resource.
* ping parameter of sys_tools.php
* action parameter of pvm_cert_commaction.php resource
* action parameter of pvm_cert_serveraction.php resource.
* action parameter of pvm_smtpstore.php resource.
* l parameter of /sla/index.php resource
IBM Proventia Network Mail Security System - virtual appliance (firmware 1.6)
IBM Proventia Network Mail Security System - virtual appliance (firmware 2.5)
Vendor recommends upgrading to PNMSS firmware 22.214.171.124 or later.
Alternatively, please contact IBM for technical support.
2009, November 07: Vulnerabilities discovered and documented
2009, November 08: Notification sent to IBM
2009, November 09: IBM acknowledges receiving the report
2010, March: IBM releases PNMSS Firmware 126.96.36.199 correcting the reported issues
2010, September 12: MVSA-10-007 advisory published.
Dr. Marian Ventuneac
- Prev by Date: [ MDVSA-2010:178 ] ocsinventory
- Next by Date: ZDI-10-170: Apple Safari Webkit Runin Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [ MDVSA-2010:178 ] ocsinventory
- Next by thread: ZDI-10-170: Apple Safari Webkit Runin Remote Code Execution Vulnerability