Directory Traversal in 3D FTP Client
- From: advisory@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:35:37 +0200 (CEST)
Vulnerability ID: HTB22565
Product: 3D FTP Client
Vendor: SiteDesigner Technologies, Inc. ( http://3dftp.com/3dftp.htm )
Vulnerable Version: 9.0 build 2 and Probably Prior Versions
Vendor Notification: 05 August 2010
Vulnerability Type: File Content Disclosure
Status: Not Fixed, Vendor Alerted, Awaiting Vendor Response
Risk level: High
Credit: High-Tech Bridge SA - Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing (http://www.htbridge.ch/)
When exploited, this vulnerability allows an anonymous attacker to write files to specified locations on a user's system.
The FTP client does not properly sanitise filenames containing directory traversal sequences that are received from an FTP server, for example
file named as "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\somefile.exe".
By tricking a user to download a directory from a malicious FTP server that contains files with backslash directory traversal sequences in their filenames,
an attacker can potentially write files into a user's Startup folder to execute malicious code when the user logs on.
- Prev by Date: Directory Traversal in AutoFTP Manager
- Next by Date: Ruxcon 2010 Final Call For Papers
- Previous by thread: Directory Traversal in AutoFTP Manager
- Next by thread: Ruxcon 2010 Final Call For Papers