PR09-16: Juniper Secure Access series (Juniper IVE) Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- From: research <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:21:10 +0100
PR09-16: Juniper Secure Access series (Juniper IVE) XSS
Vulnerability found: 12th October 2009
Severity: Medium (Script injection)
There is a Cross-site Scripting vulnerability on Juniper, IVE web interface.
Procheckup has found by making a malformed request to the IVE Web
interface without authentication, that a vanilla cross site scripting
(XSS) attack is possible.
Successfully tested on:
Juniper Networks IVE version 6.5R1 (Build 14599)
Proof of concept:
An attacker may be able to cause execution of malicious scripting code
in the browser of a user who clicks on a link or visits a malicious
webpage. The malicious code would run in the security context of the
This type of attack can result in non-persistent defacement of the
target site, or the redirection of confidential information (i.e.:
passwords or session IDs) to unauthorised third parties.
Ensure that the firewall's management interface is disabled on the
Internet connected interface, by disabling WeBUI within service
options on the Internet connected interface.
Credits: Richard Brain of ProCheckUp Ltd (www.procheckup.com)
Copyright 2009 Procheckup Ltd. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for copying and circulating this Bulletin to the
Internet community for the purpose of alerting them to
problems, if and only if, the Bulletin is not edited or changed in any
way, is attributed to Procheckup, and provided such
reproduction and/or distribution is performed for non-commercial purposes.
Any other use of this information is prohibited. Procheckup is not
liable for any misuse of this information by any third party.
- Prev by Date: ZDI-10-120: Oracle Secure Backup Administration objectname Command Injection Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Next by Date: ZDI-10-121: Command Injection Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: ZDI-10-120: Oracle Secure Backup Administration objectname Command Injection Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Next by thread: ZDI-10-121: Command Injection Remote Code Execution Vulnerability