Wing FTP Server PORT Command DoS Vulnerability
- From: sk <sk10_0@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:16:58 +0530 (IST)
Discovery Date: Nov 14, 2009
* Wing FTP Server 3.1.2
There is a Denial of Service
(DoS) vulnerability that exists in Wing FTP Server 3.1.2. The
said vulnerability can be exploited by using an invalid parameter for
PORT command. When exploited successfully, the vulnerability could cause FTP server using the said software to crash.
Wing FTP Server 3.1.2 on a Windows environment is affected.
Other versions may also be affected.
information on the patch can be found in the following page:
* Wing FTP
Sumit Kumar Soni , Trend Micro
Read more about this threat incident in the Malware Blog entry "Trend Micro Discovers Wing FTP Server PORT Command DoS Bug." hxxp://threatinfo.trendmicro.com/vinfo/SecAdvisories/default6.asp?VNAME=Wing+FTP+Server+PORT+Command+DoS+Vulnerability&Page=2
- Prev by Date: Vulnerabilities in eSitesBuilder
- Next by Date: XSS vulnerability in Scribe CMS
- Previous by thread: Vulnerabilities in eSitesBuilder
- Next by thread: XSS vulnerability in Scribe CMS