XSS vulnerability in Jaws
- From: advisory@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 10:05:53 +0200 (CEST)
Vulnerability ID: HTB22357
Vendor: Jaws Project
Vulnerable Version: 0.8.12 and Probably Prior Versions
Vendor Notification: 23 April 2010
Vulnerability Type: XSS (Cross Site Scripting)
Status: Not Fixed, Vendor Alerted, Awaiting Vendor Response
Risk level: Medium
Credit: High-Tech Bridge SA (http://www.htbridge.ch/)
The vulnerability exists due to failure in the "edit profile" module to properly sanitize user-supplied input in "URL" parameter. Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could result in a compromise of the application, theft of cookie-based authentication credentials, disclosure or modification of sensitive data.
An attacker can use browser to exploit this vulnerability. The following PoC is available:
URL= http://google.com/" style="position:absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; width:100%; top: 0px; right: 0px;" onmouseover="alert(document.cookie)
- Prev by Date: Injection of ECShop apps.
- Next by Date: [Wintercore Research] Consona Products - Multiple vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: Injection of ECShop apps.
- Next by thread: [Wintercore Research] Consona Products - Multiple vulnerabilities