Re: /proc filesystem allows bypassing directory permissions on Linux

Hi!

(no html, please).

Proc does not need to be fixed, because /proc is referring to a file
inode.

Well, that does not mean /proc does not need fixing.

You are expecting transactional behavior in /proc, where /proc only
registers object information.
And I think you would agree about your mis-interpretation earlier
if not so
many people had the same mis-interpretation of the virtual /proc
mechanism

I think you understand the issue by now. But you think it should be
documented better, not fixed. I believe that fixing it is easier and
better option -- because surprises in security area are bad -- but of
course, if this is documented properly, it also stops being so big
problem.
Pavel