SAP Business One 2005 Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- From: mikey27@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 4 Aug 2009 15:22:01 -0000
Product: SAP Business One 2005
SAP Business One 2005 A (6.80.123) SP:00 PL:06
SAP Business One 2005 A (6.80.320) SP:01 PL:34
(Likely all 2005 versions are affected)
Not Vulnerable: SAP Business One 2007
Discovered By: Mike Arnold
NT_Naming_Service.exe (part of the License Manager for SAP Business One 2005) is vulnerable to a stack-based remote buffer overflow allowing for full system compromise by an unauthenticated user that has TCP/IP access to SAP's license service on TCP port 30000.
Sending a large GIOP request will cause a buffer overflow allowing for remote code execution.
NT_Naming_Service.exe runs with SYSTEM level privledges
Confirmed & Tested Vulnerable SAP Business One versions:
2005 A (6.80.123) SP:00 PL:06 (On Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2)
2005 A (6.80.320) SP:01 PL:34 (On Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2)
Proof of Concept exploit ---> http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/9319 .
The vendor has been notified, no patch has yet been released.
- Prev by Date: [SECURITY] [DSA 1850-1] New libmodplug packages fix arbitrary code execution
- Next by Date: Palm Pre WebOS 1.0.4 Remote execution of arbitrary HTML code vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [SECURITY] [DSA 1850-1] New libmodplug packages fix arbitrary code execution
- Next by thread: Palm Pre WebOS 1.0.4 Remote execution of arbitrary HTML code vulnerability