rPSA-2009-0057-1 m2crypto openssl openssl-scripts
- From: rPath Update Announcements <announce-noreply@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:38:42 -0400
rPath Security Advisory: 2009-0057-1
rPath Appliance Platform Linux Service 1
rPath Appliance Platform Linux Service 2
rPath Linux 1
rPath Linux 2
Exposure Level Classification:
Indirect Deterministic Denial of Service
rPath Issue Tracking System:
Previous versions of OpenSSL were vulnerable to denial of
service (crash) that could be caused when SSL enabled
applications called the ASN1_STRING_print_ex function to print
a BMPString or UniversalString.
Additionally, previous versions of the OpenSSL package in rPath
Linux 2 did not provide a unique shared object version compared
to rPath Linux 1. The m2crypto package has been rebuilt
to depend on this new shared object version. In certain unusual
cases, updating from an operating system or software
appliance based on rPath Linux 1 to a version based on
rPath Linux 2 could fail the update. Specifically, this would
happen if the rPath Appliance Platform Agent was added to the
list of critical updates.
Copyright 2009 rPath, Inc.
This file is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.
A copy is available at http://www.rpath.com/permanent/mit-license.html
- Prev by Date: Family Connections 1.8.2 Arbitrary File Upload
- Next by Date: Family Connections <= 1.8.2 - Remote Shell Upload Exploit
- Previous by thread: Family Connections 1.8.2 Arbitrary File Upload
- Next by thread: Family Connections <= 1.8.2 - Remote Shell Upload Exploit