RE: Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day
- From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:05:15 -0700
The concept is at least 5 years old: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816456/.
From: Adrian P [mailto:unknown.pentester@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:31 PM
To: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day
Yesterday, I presented for the first time  a new method to perform
universal website hijacking by exploiting content filtering features
commonly supported by corporate firewalls. I briefly discussed  the
finding on GNUCITIZEN in the past without giving away the details, but
rather mentioning what the attacker can do and some characteristics of
Anyway, I'm now releasing full details on how the technique works, and
a real 0day example against SonicWALL firewalls.
The paper can be found on the GNUCITIZEN labs site. Please let me know
if you can successfully use the same technique against firewalls by
Finally, I'd like to thank Zero Day Initiative  for their great
work and the Hack in the Box crew for organizing such a fine event!
 "HITBSecConf2008 - Malaysia: Cracking into Embedded Devices and Beyond!"
 "New technique to perform universal website hijacking"
 "SonicWALL Content-Filtering Universal Script Injection Vulnerability"
Adrian "pagvac" Pastor | GNUCITIZEN
- Prev by Date: [ MDVSA-2008:121-1 ] freetype2
- Next by Date: Final notification about "POC2008" Conference
- Previous by thread: Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day
- Next by thread: Re: Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day