Advanced application-level OS fingerprinting
- From: dan.crowley@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 29 Oct 2008 20:55:55 -0000
My research paper is done!
There have been a few corrections, updates, additions, and the paper is overall much better now. For those of you who missed the pre-release announcement made on this list, here's an excerpt that summarizes the paper fairly well:
"...I present an alternate approach to application-level OS fingerprinting. The general idea is that there are certain requests that can be made to cross-platform applications which result in OS-dependant responses."
And here's the goods...
RAR (contains all three formats):
"One machine can do the work of one hundred ordinary men. No machine can do the work of an extraordinary man."
- Prev by Date: [SECURITY] [DSA 1661-1] New OpenOffice.org packages fix several vulnerabilities
- Next by Date: [ MDVSA-2008:221 ] aterm
- Previous by thread: [SECURITY] [DSA 1661-1] New OpenOffice.org packages fix several vulnerabilities
- Next by thread: Re: Advanced application-level OS fingerprinting