Re: function sleep() in all versions of PHP

Yeap.

?Using PHP as an in-process script interpreter grants script authors control over the httpd children.?

It is possible to make DoS (block all sockets/memory exe.). (more in Xploit magazin)
Reason: Use PHP via a CGI interpreter with RLimit* directives.
Anyone how use PHP as an in-process script interpreter, can be dangerous.

Best Regards,
Maksymilian Arciemowicz
securityreason.com
http://securityreason.com/key/Arciemowicz.Maksymilian.gpg

Relevant Pages

  • HSBC Integration
    ... It's an IIS box running PHP. ... At the end of the process you post the cart variables to an exe file that ... creates an order hash to send to HSBC. ... Because the HTML for this form is generated by the exe file there appears ...
    (uk.net.web.authoring)
  • Re: exec/system wipes signal handler
    ... this starts the C exe - there is not a script inbetween. ... Yes there is - a PHP script which CONTAINS the 'exec' call. ... No the call to exec() in PHP code is returned from immediately ... Unless you explicitly set it to run in the background or the exe forks ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Transfer data form webpage to other application
    ... I want when i browse my webpage then this webpage intimate my exe which ... is contiunous running in the backend. ... (means our exe not go to web page or any file to read data, ... Can u suggest php is helpful then how? ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: php newbie want to use php to do the following things
    ... built-in to output a file then a sufficient php programmer should be ... it may be harder if the .exe is a GUI based ... porting it to php and calling it from within the other php file. ... what if the users input is not valid for the .exe file? ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: php newbie want to use php to do the following things
    ... and then the PHP program using a .exe program open this file, ... then PHP will open this file and update the html within the text file ... what if the users input is not valid for the .exe file? ... the mail function. ...
    (comp.lang.php)