RE: Cryptome: NSA has real-time access to Hushmail servers

Guardster Team has posted its response on 21st Dec to Cryptome:

"We can assure you that we do not cooperate with the NSA or any other government agency anywhere in the world. We invite whomever is making this statement to provide proof, rather than making a baseless accusation.
?."

Link:
http://cryptome.org/nsa-ssl-email.htm

My SecuriTeam Blogs post has been updated to include this information too.

Juha-Matti

> A frequent source 'A' sending updated NSA-Affiliated IP resources to
> Cryptome's Web site has reported the following new information:
> > "Certain privacy/full session SSL email hosting services have been
> purchased/changed operational control by NSA and affiliates within the
> past few months, through private intermediary entities."
> > Reportedly the following services are controlled:
> > Hushmail / Canada (http://www.hushmail.com/ ),
> Guardster / USA (http://www.guardster.com/ ), and
> SAFe-mail.net / Israel (http://www.safe-mail.net/ )
--clip--

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Moving away from US based mail servers
    ... The agreement is that they spy on us and we spy on them, ... their emails would be of interest to the NSA or any other government agency ... That's not the point - *now* the NSA stores everything. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Moving away from US based mail servers
    ... ray wrote: ... their emails would be of interest to the NSA or any other government agency ... emails whenever they wanted to, and it never bothered me at all. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • RE: Cryptome: NSA has real-time access to Hushmail servers
    ... A frequent source 'A' sending updated NSA-Affiliated IP resources to Cryptome's Web site has reported the following new information: ... NSA Controls SSL Email Hosting Services: ...
    (Bugtraq)