Re: defining 0day

On 26/09/2007, at 5:02 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:

Okay. I think we exhausted the different views, and maybe we are now able to come to a conlusion on what we WANT 0day to mean.

What do you, as professional, believe 0day should mean, regardless of previous definitions?

As a professional, I would be happy to see terms like '0day' banished from the lexicon entirely. It's an essentially meaningless -- all third-party exploits are zero-day to _somebody_ -- term of boast co- opted from the warez scene, and we can do perfectly well without it.

Quibbling over its precise definition seems a ridiculous waste of bytes.

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] defining 0day
    ... now able to come to a conlusion on what we WANT 0day to mean. ... What do you, as professional, believe 0day should mean, regardless ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] defining 0day
    ... to come to a conlusion on what we WANT 0day to mean. ... What do you, as professional, believe 0day should mean, regardless of ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: defining 0day
    ... to come to a conlusion on what we WANT 0day to mean. ... What do you, as professional, believe 0day should mean, regardless of ... evolution. ... You can't just remove all previous meanings. ...
    (Bugtraq)