[CVE-2007-1358] Apache Tomcat XSS vulnerability in Accept-Language header processing
- From: Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:30:20 -0400
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
CVE-2007-1358: Apache Tomcat XSS vulnerability in Accept-Language
Low (cross-site scripting)
The Apache Software Foundation
Tomcat 4.0.0 to 4.0.6
Tomcat 4.1.0 to 4.1.34
Tomcat 5.0.0 to 5.0.30
Tomcat 5.5.0 to 5.5.20
Tomcat 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
Web pages that display the Accept-Language header value sent by the
client are susceptible to a cross-site scripting attack if they assume
the Accept-Language header value conforms to RFC 2616. Under normal
circumstances this would not be possible to exploit, however older
versions of Flash player were known to allow carefully crafted
malicious Flash files to make requests with such custom headers.
Tomcat now ignores invalid values for Accept-Language headers that do
not conform to RFC 2616.
1. Upgrade to fixed version
2. Escape values obtained from Accept-Language header before use.
This issue was reported by Masato Anzai and Toshiharu Sugiyama.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: Re: Sitellite cms <= 4.2.12 RFI Vuln
- Next by Date: rPSA-2007-0127-1 fetchmail
- Previous by thread: FLEA-2007-0026-1: evolution-data-server
- Next by thread: rPSA-2007-0127-1 fetchmail