[funsec] Quebec Health Officials Fighting Computer Virus (fwd)
- From: Gadi Evron <ge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:13:57 -0600 (CST)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:26:43 GMT
From: Fergie <fergdawg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [funsec] Quebec Health Officials Fighting Computer Virus
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Via The Montreal Gazette (props, Flying Hamster).
Quebec health officials are battling a fast-spreading virus that struck its
entire computer network system late Tuesday.
The virus ripped through computers at most health-care institutions,
affecting hospitals, CLSCs and nursing homes? administrative activities
So far, it?s caused a province-wide slowdown and some fear that
patients? files may have been damaged, too.
But government officials say patients? privacy has not been compromised
and confidential information remains confidential.
The extent of the damage is not yet known, Isabelle Merizzi, press attache
to Health Minister Philippe Couillard said Wednesday.
- - ferg
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.5.3 (Build 5003)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
Engineering Architecture for the Internet
ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/
Fun and Misc security discussion for OT posts.
Note: funsec is a public and open mailing list.
- Prev by Date: Re: Re: Solaris telnet vulnberability - how many on your network?
- Next by Date: Meganoide's news v1.1.1 < = RFi Vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: Re: Virginity Security Advisory 2007-001 : T-Com Speedport 500V Login bypass
- Next by thread: Meganoide's news v1.1.1 < = RFi Vulnerabilities