AToZed Software Intraweb Component for Borland Delphi and Kylix DoS vulnerability
- From: "C0r3 1mp4ct" <c0r31mp4ct@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:49:59 +0100
Type: Deniel of Service
Title: AToZed Software IntraWeb Component for Borland Delphi and Kylix
Date: January 23, 2007
A DoS vulnerability exists in the IntraWeb Component of AToZed Software.
IntraWeb is a RAD component for Borland Delphi and Kylix by AToZed Software,
which allows developers to rapidly develop webapplication.
This component is commonly used by Borland developers internationally.
DoS conditions occurs, when a specially crafted HTTP request is sent
to the webapplication.
After the request, the affected thread enters into an infinte loop, and hangs.
Under IIS 5.x, the thread will never be stopped.
Under IIS 6 the webserver automatically stops the thread after the
configured amount of time, or CPU usage.
An attack can cause the webapplication to slow down, and after more
specially crafted request, to stop processing requests.
There is no vendor supplied workaround for the problem at this time.
A possible workaround can be, to filter the request body for the
special request, and repair it.
It can be achieved, by overriding the function called
"OnBeforeDispatch" of the TIWServerController object, and repair the
request, by changing the "Request.Content" field.
IntraWeb 8.0 and lower versions
2006.08. - Vendor notified, but no answer
2007.01.23 - Vulnerability publicly available
Discovery is credited to: C0r31mp4ct
- Prev by Date: [ MDKSA-2007:024 ] - Updated kdegraphics packages fix crafted pdf file vulnerability
- Next by Date: Bluetooth DoS by obex push
- Previous by thread: [ MDKSA-2007:024 ] - Updated kdegraphics packages fix crafted pdf file vulnerability
- Next by thread: Re: AToZed Software Intraweb Component for Borland Delphi and Kylix DoS vulnerability