Re: Sun java System Messenger Express XSS
- From: b2wang@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 4 Jan 2007 19:59:01 -0000
Interesting but yet I don't any possiblity of an attack.
is generated when user login failed and JES webmail server issued an HTTP redirect
The webmail server itself will not issue URL like that unless the proxy server which the browser connects to get hacked. But if a proxy server gets hacked, that is the end of game. Your BofA account, stock accounts are all compromised, which has nothing to do with JES messaging server itself.
Secondly, one can look closer to what harm that URL can do. Nothing. That URL points to a LOGIN page where users have NOT logged in. With no credential/cookie/session, a static login page cannot lead to any attack.
- Prev by Date: [SECURITY] [DSA 1247-1] New libapache-mod-auth-kerb packages fix remote denial of service
- Next by Date: cisco nac bypass vulnerability - cisco trust agent
- Previous by thread: [SECURITY] [DSA 1247-1] New libapache-mod-auth-kerb packages fix remote denial of service
- Next by thread: cisco nac bypass vulnerability - cisco trust agent