Re: PHP as a secure language? PHP worms? [was: Re: new linux malware]

Hrm, this is a topic that always angers me. I agree that PHP has some glaring imperfections (what's the order of operations for explode? implode? join? split? Which one uses regex? Or what about a laughable excuse for objects until version 5), but I think it's the programmer that should be held accountable for *most* of the bad code and buggy software out there.

I think the big problem is people going into programming that have no business being there. They do it for the money and could care less if their code is well written, elegant, robust, secure, or working. Some of
the worst code I've ever seen (both in person and on sites like thedailywtf.com) are from people who obviously read that Java and VB .Net are the new 'it' languages and take a few courses or get a certification.

As far as I'm concerned, PHP is one of the better languages out there it's just that lazy and incompetent pseudo-developers get their hands on tutorial code and copy-paste it into oblivion.

BUT... that's just my two cents.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vegan Diet did NOT Kill Florida Child - a Bizarre Case of Oppression
    ... The primary reason for a business of any kind to exist, ... > including your friendly organic farmer, is to make money. ... > success in other areas, if a profit is not made, then the business will ... > then their dollars prove that they don't really care about quality. ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: Hurricane ALPHA SETS RECORD - yep "jury on global warming still out"
    ... >> I personally don't care one way or another. ... what happens because I'll be dead. ... The leadership in this country is tied to big business, ... It all about the money, ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: First restaurants, now colleges. O.T.
    ... One of the main T&C we have to putting money up is STAY ... politics and b) religion. ... business decision/practice that's another matter. ... It's amazing how easily you can take care of a problem or complaint if you approach those responsible in a courteous manner. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: fast cash/title loan business.....
    ... this is a dirty business ... ... the list of people to pay, which means you have two major ... and those who you are trying to get money from who couldn't care ... have little ability or care to do so. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: The next time anyone tells you how tough things are for the health insurance industry, SLAP THE
    ... executive of the nonprofit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, ... have been struggling to restrain health care ... Bill Gates makes his money selling products, ... They are in the business of paying for patient care but they consider ...
    (alt.politics)