Outpost Insufficient validation of 'SandBox' driver input buffer
- From: Matousec - Transparent security Research <research@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:55:58 +0100
We would like to inform you about a vulnerability in Outpost Firewall PRO 4.0.
Outpost insufficiently protects its driver \Device\SandBox against a manipulation by malicious applications and it fails to validate its input buffer. It is possible to open this driver and send arbitrary data to it, which are implicitly believed to be valid. It is possible to assemble the data in the input buffer such that the driver performs an invalid memory operation and crashes the whole operating system. Further impacts of this bug were not examined.
* Outpost Firewall PRO 4.0 (964.582.059)
More details and a proof of concept including source code is available here: http://www.matousec.com/info/advisories/Outpost-Insufficient-validation-of-SandBox-driver-input-buffer.php
Matousec - Transparent security Research
- Prev by Date: tikiwiki 1.9.5 mysql password disclosure & xss
- Next by Date: Re: PLS-Bannieres 1.21 (bannieres.php) File Include
- Previous by thread: tikiwiki 1.9.5 mysql password disclosure & xss
- Next by thread: Re: PLS-Bannieres 1.21 (bannieres.php) File Include