rPSA-2006-0195-2 kdelibs qt-x11-free
- From: rPath Update Announcements <announce-noreply@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:35:42 -0400
rPath Security Advisory: 2006-0195-2
2006-10-26 Integer overflow now fixed in Qt library
Products: rPath Linux 1
Exposure Level Classification:
Indirect User Deterministic Unauthorized Access
Previous versions of the qt-x11-free package include Qt libraries
contain an integer overflow flaw that causes them not to properly
bound pixmap image data. This may enable a user-complicit denial of
service attack (application crash), or possibly unauthorized access
via arbitrary code execution, in applications which use vulnerable
versions of the Qt libraries.
Previous versions of the KDE khtml library use Qt in a way that
allows unchecked pixmap image input to be provided to Qt, triggering
this integer overflow flaw in older versions of the Qt library.
25 October 2006 Update: The initial announcement of this update
included only the KDE khtml library; this update adds the fix for
the Qt library itself.
- Prev by Date: [OpenPKG-SA-2006.026] OpenPKG Security Advisory (screen)
- Next by Date: rPSA-2006-0198-1 screen
- Previous by thread: [OpenPKG-SA-2006.026] OpenPKG Security Advisory (screen)
- Next by thread: rPSA-2006-0198-1 screen