Multiple XSS Vulnerability in Gcontact
- From: security@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 14 Oct 2006 06:15:34 -0000
Armorize Technologies Security Advisory
Armorize-ADV-2006-0005 discloses multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities that are found in Gcontact, which is a Web based address book written in Ajax/PHP offering multi-user, multi-contacts (email,phone,icq,msn,...) & multi-address for each person, birthday reminder by email, mailing-list management, Excel export, etc.
Allows malicious users to access restricted directories and/or view data outside the normal scope which may lead to information theft and invasion of privacy.
1. Escape every questionable URI and HTML script.
2. Remove prohibited user input.
Credit: Security Team at Armorize Technologies, Inc. (security@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Link to this Armorize advisory
Links to all Armorize advisories
Links to Armorize vulnerability database
Armorize Technologies is delivering the world?s most advanced source code analysis solution for Web application security based on its award-winning and patent-pending verification technologies. Addressing security early in the software development life cycle (SDLC), Armorize CodeSecure? proactively identifies and traces vulnerabilities in Web application source code, effectively hardening websites against today?s ever growing security threats. CodeSecure??s zero-false-positive accuracy, traceback support and Web 2.0-based interface make it the premium Web application security solution. For more information please visit: http://www.armorize.com.
- Prev by Date: Re: iDefense Security Advisory 10.11.06: Sun Microsystems Solaris NSPR Library Arbitrary File Creation Vulnerability
- Next by Date: Re: DanPHPSupport => 0.5 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Previous by thread: EXlor 1.0 (/fonctions/template.php) Remote File Include Vulnerability
- Next by thread: Re: DanPHPSupport => 0.5 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities