AUTODAFE: an Act of Software Torture [FUZZER]
- From: Martin Vuagnoux <autodafe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 01:33:25 +0200
let me present you the public release of a fuzzer presented at 22c3:
Autodafé is a fuzzing framework able to uncover buffer overflows by using the fuzzing by weighting attacks with markers technique.
You will find a paper explaining the technique used, the slides of the presentation and the source code. It uses a script language largely inspired by Spike (btw: thanks Dave). The major improvement is the use of a debugger in order to reduce the test space. There is a tutorial (based on real cases) which explains how to use it, to fuzz network based (TCP/UDP) protocols (client and server side) and files (lps, pdf, jpeg, etc.) The second major improvement is the use of dissector (etheral, wireshark) to automatically recognize 750 network based protocols.
Feel free to give feedback, it's a beta release.
- Prev by Date: Re: vbulletin 3.5.4 IE exploit xss
- Next by Date: phpPrintAnalyzer <= 1.1 (rep_par_rapport_racine) Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Previous by thread: Attacking the local LAN via XSS
- Next by thread: phpPrintAnalyzer <= 1.1 (rep_par_rapport_racine) Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability