Re: SSL VPNs and security

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, E Mintz wrote:

How about some real-world, application specific exploits?

There's an example of a XSS that can be used to compromise Cisco Web VPN
session in the text.

So, please show me an example of an actual compromise and I'll listen.
Otherwise, put up, or shut up!

You're not strictly required to listen, you know ;)

/mz

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-disclosure] Re: SSL VPNs and security
    ... There's an example of a XSS that can be used to compromise Cisco Web VPN ... session in the text. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Re: Cookie Security
    ... With XSS available to an attacker, whatever means I use to manage the session will be weak. ... this method would leave the application open to denial of service if an attacker can sniff session ID's. ... I can't imagine any session system will be safe with XSS available to an attacker, so perhaps the best thing to do is go ahead with the suggested method, and take extra care around XSS holes. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] XSS in Sambar Server version 6.2
    ... - obtain the session management mechanism ... > somebody with priviliged rights could have effected within the application. ... the XSS is a very low level vulnerability. ... > which logs the users cookie then this becomes more of an issue. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] on xss and its technical merit
    ... I can think of pretty much 3 examples of XSS (granted without ... In this case the vulnerability is not XSS the vulnerability is either that ... the list will no doubt ask me for a secure session management schema but I ... Even if nothing valuable is stored by the session management, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Cookie Security
    ... If your application has XSS vulnerabilities, ... but server must get it back on next request. ... If any of these changes - over the session. ...
    (Security-Basics)