Re: Fire fox dos exploit

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Josh Zlatin-Amishav wrote:

Can you give us some more details, like versions and platforms affected? I was unable to recreate this flaw using firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0 on Debian unstable.

The word-wrapping of his mail client broke the exploit. If you clean that
up by only putting line-breaks between tags, it seems to work. Try:

http://static.die.net/firefox-marquee-dos/

This breaks Firefox/1.5.0.3 on Ubuntu 5.0.4 and WinXP, and Firefox/1.5.0.2
on Ubuntu 5.1.0. The browser freezes and on Linux the window stops
repainting.

-- Aaron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: tags removed from source code
    ... Load it in Firefox. ... In fact, one will notice that even for those tags that were in the original source, the attributes aren't listed in the same order as in the original. ... You may have meant that they are "required" by the "internal model" of Firefox, but you did not say that at all and I don't think it's even true. ... I should have said it generated *explicit* start and end tags for every element included in the DOM, including the required elements not explicitly expressed in the original. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: "Empty" text
    ... opening and a closing tags. ... Then either Firefox is broken or you don't declare your XHTML properly and ... Firefox thinks it's HTML. ... The XML prolog and DOCTYPE do not affect HTML ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • FireFox versus IE Problem
    ... I was trying to remove tables and work with divs, having to rework what I do using more tags, tags sparingly, and instead of some tables for generating menu's for example... ... When I wave the mouse over a blank area of the, ie won't change the mouse over for the tag like FireFox. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: view Kopete xml files
    ... > Just tried it with Firefox and it formats the xml messages correctly. ... Firefox just shows the page with all the tags and < and stuff. ... Firefox says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: tags removed from source code
    ... Load it in Firefox. ... where Firefox will have created the required html, head, and body ... You may have meant that they are "required" by the "internal model" of Firefox, but you did not say that at all and I don't think it's even true. ... There is no reason why explicit end tags would be "required" for an internal model, which is really a tree structure and has no tags whatsoever. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)