Re: New SecurityFocus mailing list: Focus-Apple
- From: Marc Fossi <mfossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:33:27 -0600 (MDT)
Correction, the list subscription address should be focus-apple-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 31 May 2006, Marc Fossi wrote:
The Focus-Apple mailing list discusses security involving hardware and software produced by Apple or that runs on Apple platforms. Discussion may include security assessment, planning, and implementation for Apple technologies. This list is meant as an aid to network and systems administrators and security professionals who are responsible for implementing, reviewing and ensuring the security of their Apple hosts and applications.
What is appropriate content?
- Discussion of securing Apple hosts in various networked environments, including but not limited to integration with Active Directory or LDAP-based networks.
- Discussion of securing Apple hardware devices such as Airport base stations using wireless technology.
- Experiences in securing specific Apple technologies that would prove valuable to share with the community.
- "How-to" questions surrounding the assessment, implementation, or configuration of Apple technologies, as they relate to security concerns.
- Discussion of tools and/or products that may assist in auditing, securing, and/or patching Apple technologies.
- Follow-up discussion of Apple-related vulnerabilities as it relates to questions about identifying and securing vulnerable hosts and applications.
What is inappropriate content?
- Announcement of security vulnerabilities. (Post this information to Bugtraq)
- Product advertisements.
- Discussion of non-Apple related issues.
- Non-computer/network security related material.
- Discussion of forthcoming product rumours.
How do I subscribe?
Send an email message to focus-apple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The contents of the subject or message body do not matter. You will receive a confirmation request message to which you will have to answer.
- Next by Date: Re: Fire fox dos exploit
- Next by thread: Re: Fire fox dos exploit