Re: phpBB 2.0.20 Full Path Disclosure and SQL Errors

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Maksymilian Arciemowicz wrote:

"Full Path Disclosure" isn't a risk but many systems of PHP or important sites
are vulnerable to this issues. Of course it is possible to turn off
display_errors but it isn't changing the fact, that issues should not be. It
is typical "Full Path Disclosure".
Yesterday I received the confirmation from phpBB about the acceptance of these
bug.
PHP is a specific language and are many different possibilities to show full
path. I will public note about this bugs.

I don't disagree, but I do think path disclosure is not a big deal. If
you're running a website, the first thing you have to do is secure the
daemons on it. And that includes disabling the displaying of errors,
disabling debugging, etc.

--
Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security
Submit Phish: http://castlecops.com/pirt