Re: Vulnerabilities in vBulltin(3.0.7 - 3.5.3) and IPB(2.0.0 - 2.1.4).

While we take all security reports seriously we have investigated this report and have been unable to find any sort of exploit suggested by the author.

External security audits are performed on a regular basis and we are committed to the fast response and release of patches for any vulnerability, credit is also given where due for any discoveries.

After contacting the author for more information the response we received was that a fee would have to be paid for more information. As a company we refuse to be coerced into paying a ransom given that the author has not been able to demonstrate that the vulnerability exists, much less a willingness to work with us to ensure a secure product for end users.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: the Great Recession of 2008
    ... Purchase financing can be necessary if there's some sort of emergency ... there would be much less habitual sloth and ... sloppyness elsewhere in American society. ... Credit is just short of a Constitutional right in the minds of people ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: OT - Going Back to School
    ... What all this really means is that in order to get any sort of degree (If ... I so choose), I will need to take general education courses, Math 050, ... However, I did test out of English 101, and can ... state-resident student cost is $87.50 per credit (non-state resident is ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: fast stable sort
    ... to a discussion of stable in-place merge sort. ... describe the sort action. ... think you're giving the other commenters enough credit. ... (Please know that I say this with all due respect to your hashlib ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Les nouveaux balivernes
    ... -You don't get credit for a question, if the one before hasn't been ... you can try the extra credit! ... Eating a monkey may give what sort of resistance? ... them to me so I can post them in the next set of trivia (with your ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: ot: Sarah Palins IQ is only 86
    ... Who ever said that the idea man gets all the credit? ... at math and science, ... My personal experience of 'idea people' is those who say things like: ... I'll leave you guys to sort out the details'. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)