Re: [funsec] WMF round-up, updates and de-mystification

Good Afternoon,

Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 9:28:40 AM, you wrote:

GE> The "patch" by Ilfak Guilfanov works, but by disabling a DLL in Windows.

I wouldn't say it does that. If you really want to simplify it in the
extreme, it hides the vulnerable function. The patch was, imho done
precisely to avoid disabling the dll, and because disabling the dll
wasn't necessarily successful in all cases.

Best regards,
Pierre mailto:pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Send to Word Woes
    ... you can leave the Norton Office plug-in DLL disabled. ... >> disabling through NAV really does disable it. ...
  • Re: Send to Word Woes
    ... Thx a mint for so much of your time and help (and thorough info/descriptions ... > be that you often had to disable the DLL via regsvr32 command, ... > disabling through NAV really does disable it. ...
  • Re: Is about:blank Loading Spyware?
    ... > DOS window to delete the dll as it was being called by explorer.dll! ... Get the info from your AV company on disabling the System Restore feature ...
  • Re: Server Application Error When Trying To Edit Graphs
    ... I'd recommend turning it off and then disabling the DLL via ... "Ernie Wong" wrote: ... All of the graphs on this ... But I'd probably start with disabling the Norton AntiVirus ...
  • Re: PostgreSQL pgbench performance regression in 2.6.23+
    ... Also, that requires being intrusive into people's setup scripts, which bothers me a lot more than doing a bit of kernel tuning at system startup. ... I did again get useful results here with the stock 2.6.26.git kernel and default parameters using Peter's small patch to adjust se.waker. ... Combining those two but keeping the rest of the features on actually gave the best result I've ever seen here, better than with all the features disabled. ... Mike suggested a patch to 2.6.25 in this thread that backports the feature for disabling SCHED_FEAT_SYNC_WAKEUPS. ...