Re: WMF Exploit
- From: Justin Myers <masterbofh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 14:31:57 -0600
Apologies if you've already read this, but this is interesting news:
Apparently shimgvw.dll isn't the problem; according to the Kaspersky
Lab blog, gdi32.dll is.
(which talks about an IM worm that uses this):
"Going back to the wmf vulnerability itself, we see number of sites
mention that shimgvw.dll is the vulnerable file.
This doesn't seem correct as it's possible to exploit a system on
which shimgvw.dll has been unregistered and deleted. The vulnerability
seems to be in gdi32.dll."
- Prev by Date: [USN-234-1] cpio vulnerability
- Next by Date: [USN-233-1] fetchmail vulnerability
- Previous by thread: [USN-234-1] cpio vulnerability
- Next by thread: Re: RE: WMF Exploit