phpbb2.0.19 fixes security issues

re: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=352966

[Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) within the url bbcode
[Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) if html tags are allowed and enabled
[Sec] added configurable maximum login attempts to prevent dictionary attacks

Other fixes:

[Fix] corrected index on session keys table under MS SQL
[Fix] added session keys table to backup
[Fix] delete session keys entries when deleting user
[Fix] changes to support MySQL 5.0
[Fix] changes to some of the admin files to improve efficiency and remove a potential error condition when building the menu
[Fix] change truncation of username length in usercp_register.php - BFUK
[Fix] incorrect path to avatars in admin_users.php (Bug #667)
[Fix] fixed get_userdata to support correct sql escaping (non-mysql dbs) - jarnaez
[Fix] fixed captcha for those not having the zlib extension enabled
[Change] Placed version information above who is online in admin panel for better visual presence

--
Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security
[cal] http://events.castlecops.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RED X & Verizon
    ... tried the fix and still the same. ... The conventional wisdom regarding a reinstall of IE6 XP SP2 is to uninstall ... But running Internet Explorer Backup from ... shortest time possible- your security programs won't be running. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: Graphics Display
    ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... Are you using a Firewall or "filtering software"? ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...
  • Re: E-mail problems
    ... There must be a switch to allow images to show. ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...