New List

From: David Ahmad (da_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 10/31/05

    Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:44:08 -0700
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    Objective

    The primary objective of the Beta-Announce list is to provide the
    SecurityFocus community access to upcoming security tool and product beta
    trials. In the same vein it will provide access to tool authors and vendors
    to announce their beta programs and get valuable feedback from the community
    which will ultimately use and in some cases, buy, their offerings.

    Background

    There are an overwhelming number of security tools and products available
    today. Many, if not most, have limited beta trials because of lack of access
    to an informed, qualified community. By providing a list such as this we
    hope to help authors provide stronger offerings to the community and we hope
    to allow the community an opportunity to stay abreast of the most recent
    security technologies.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/141/description

    --
    David Mirza Ahmad