My-forum.org cookies vulnerability - data bug

From: Black Angel (theblackdemon_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/03/05

    Date: 3 Mar 2005 19:03:57 -0000
    To: bugtraq@securityfocus.com

    I discovered a security issue that affects the following my-forum.org release:

    FOROS v.3.2 - http://my-forum.org/index.php?id=Ingles

    When you are logged in with an account, you need edit the cookie of the site and change the value where your username is and replace it for the victim's username (example: Administrator).

    The forum doesn't have a md5 password encryption and have a low security.
    Example:
    http://my-forum.org/moddatos.php?id=FORUMID&usuario=USERNAME

    Change 'FORUMID' and 'USERNAME' and you can edit the profile of a user. Open the source code and search:

    After that, you can get the username password

     value="USERNAMEPASSWORD" maxlength=200></td>

    This bug was dicovered by:
    Username: Black Angel
    Mail and MSN Messenger: theblackdemon@gmail.com

    • Re: As user by default when opening office 2003 document....
      ... separate login (username and password), and the profile that loads when they ... Since you appear to be letting everyone use the same login profile, ... This will ask for the user's Office username each time ... who use the same machine to edit the same office document. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Integrated security
      ... and on the web server this user has access to as per the definied in the ... authentication control configure the new username and password over there. ... A YET another way is to edit the machine.config file and put the pasword in ... >> properties instruct it to use that particular application pool. ...
    • Re: Win XP stuck in sign-in/logoff loop?
      ... >>> I enter my username and password.. ... and hit enter ... need to edit the registry, You can do this if you make a BartPE Builder ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: change login name
      ... you want your own login (username) to be ... First edit /etc/passwd. ... Save the file and exit the text editor. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Firefox autocomplete
      ... Black Sun and said: ... >> on field where I have to enter data (username for instance), ... >> Does someone knew where firefox stores this data, ... > Any ideas how to edit it? ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)