Re: Incorrect reporting of the Bofra/The Register exploit

From: Florian Laws (florian_at_void.s.bawue.de)
Date: 11/24/04

    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:18:43 +0100
    To: matt@welho.com

    On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 09:02:28PM -0000, matt@welho.com wrote:

    > it is not correct. It was not the work of a virus but a carefully
    > planned hack.

    I am surprised nobody seems to care about the load balancer which
    allegedly was compromised to redirect the users to the infected site.

    Your site quotes the load balancer in question to be of "type FLB02/CP",
    but I can find no information of load balancers of the type on the web.

    Do you have some information about this load balancer and the exploit
    used to attack it?

    Regards,

    Florian