Re: Changes to the filesystem while find is running - comments?

From: James Youngman (bugtraq_at_excession.spiral-arm.org)
Date: 11/23/04

    Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:59:26 +0000
    To: Paul Szabo <psz@maths.usyd.edu.au>

    On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:38:52PM +1100, Paul Szabo wrote:

    > [ James wrote ]

    > > This algorithm is certainly robust, but it will never descend into an
    > > automount directory hierarchy. Do you think we can do better than
    > > that without opening the door to more exploits?
    >
    > Hmm... It would not descend into just-now-changed automounts (and it may
    > not be able to get back out of them), but it should be able to traverse
    > reasonably long-lived mounts.

    The problem is though that when you chdir() into an automount mount
    point, automount aill automatically mount it for you. Hence if an
    automount filesystem wasn't already mounted, if you chdir() into it it
    immediately becomes a "just-now-changed" mount point. That's the
    essensce of the problem I am trying to solve.

    Regards,
    James