Re: Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked

From: Atom 'Smasher' (
Date: 11/10/04

    Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:54:19 -0500 (EST)
    To: "Jay D. Dyson" <>

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jay D. Dyson wrote:

    > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:
    >> Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked
    > Read the whole thing and didn't see any evidence. Just wild
    > speculation and baseless conjecture. Hell, there were countless
    > counties across the nation in which more people were registered to vote
    > than were eligible residents, but -- for some reason -- that ain't news.
    > Why was this politically-motivated nonsense approved for Bugtraq?
    > The Democrats lost. Get over it already.

    there is a statistically significant deviation that correlates to
    particular equipment: this *IS* a technology and security issue *NOT* a
    political issue (although there are certainly political implications).

    i've gotten quite a bit of hate mail over this, but if there were
    allegations that the vote was hacked in favor of kerry (hypothetically,
    let's say in a state where kerry's brother were governor) i'm sure there
    would be quite a bit of interest among those who now claim that this is
    irrelevant, off topic, sore losers, etc.

    the issue really is bigger than who won or lost... it's about how the game
    is played. as computer security professionals we owe it to ourselves to
    take this sort of allegation very seriously *regardless* of what candidate
    we prefer.

    - --

      PGP key -
      762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

             "Never forget that everything Hitler did
              in Germany was legal."
                     -- Martin Luther King, Jr
    Version: GnuPG v1.3.6 (FreeBSD)
    Comment: What is this gibberish?

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

    • Re: Scottish Independence
      ... robbed" allegations by the losing side. ... vote because a bit like a US Presidential election, ... older age groups and show a definite trend of increasing No with age. ... I can't find those results on the YouGov web site - can you give a ...
    • Re: A pawn in the new great game
      ... because of allegations of corruption, telephoned President Bush to ... and you can't vote for it! ...